Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mickey Mouse!

I got a call for a Mickey Mouse cake to celebrate the 2nd birthday of a little boy who adores Mickey. Mom liked the topsy-turvey cake I had done for Cuttin' Up, which is where she found my card (yeah Courtney for posting them for me!), so we decided to go with that style but use the Mickey elements.

I have to admit, I was intimidated to recreate the Disney icon... and the second mug of coffee I had before painting was not a wise thing (I don't normally drink caffeine so the shakes were strong after that!)... but see for yourself. The birthday boy's family and I were all very pleased with the results. =)


The cake is a standard yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. Royal icing was used to attach Mickey's arms and head and to attach the letters to the cake. Everything was edible - marshmallow fondant, either colored or painted with food coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment