Monday, May 24, 2010

Bryceon's 1st birthday

The first Mickey cake was so popular, a guest at Collin's party wanted the same (but bigger!) for her son's 1st birthday. We added Goofy to this cake and I have to say I was very happy with him. He may replace the giraffe as my favorite!

The cake was, again, my standard yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. All fondant was homemade marshmallow fondant, with the exception of the dark chocolate fondant that makes the hat and Mickey-polka-dots. This is the Satin Ice product that I swear by as the ONLY fondant worth buying. Very yummy and very forgiving to work with. Mickey and Goofy are also gumpaste-fondant mixtures and hand painted.

Krystal, the birthday boy's mom, had this to say after the party:
"The party was a huge success. The cake was such a great addition to a perfect day!  I enjoyed seeing the faces of our guests as they walked down the front hall into the kitchen to where the cake was presented.  Everyone thought it was such a special cake and beautifully made!  My parents were thrilled by the cake.  I have a flip video to send you of their reaction. 

Even more comments rolled in after the cake was cut and people began eating it.  I heard from six adults that this was the best cake they had ever eaten.  They were very serious in that statement too as they kept repeating it.  :)  That made me happy because that's exactly how I felt when I tried your cake for the first time back in April.  I heard the comment, "Cakes that look that good usually do not taste that good".  I also made that comment back in April. 

We would like you to be our family baker!  :)  Get ready for many more orders in the future!"


Thank you, Krystal!

No comments:

Post a Comment