Monday, May 24, 2010

Maycen's 4th Birthday

The fun thing about this business is seeing people's reactions to my creations. The more I do, the more fun I have. It's addictive! The cake I did this weekend was for my friend Courtney from Cuttin' Up. Her son turned 4 and he wanted anything having to do with Phineas and Ferb. I was soooo glad he didn't say Michael Jackson, who he went as for Halloween this past year! I don't think I could have pulled that one off.... a big white glove with music notes? Who knows?! LOL.

I delivered the cake to the picnic site (and man did they luck out with a gorgeous afternoon! with thankfully no humidity) and was met by dropped jaws and utters of amazement. Grandma didn't want to cut the cake and I hear from Courtney that her husband "got possessive" of Perry and wouldn't let many people eat him. Funny! Courtney now has a large platypus in her fridge. =)

Here are some of Courtney's comments:
"Can't thank you enough for the cakes today!! Got several moms that were at the party that I am sending your way. I will need another one in July and then again in February!!! Thanks so much!!!!.... They [tasted] amazing, but the yellow was my fave!!! Most everyone had to try a little of each!"

Phineas (the triangular guy with red hair) was rich chocolate with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. The other two characters were the birthday boy's (and his mother's!) favorite, yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.  The swirly blue board that the guys are on is covered in fondant. I LOVED the look! Unfortunately I had started with Perry on the plain white board and didn't dare move him to cover his in a similar manner. Always something to learn! That's what also makes it fun.... =]

2 comments:

  1. Courtney Stanley WrightMay 24, 2010 at 11:09 PM

    Will never be able to Thank You enough Amy!!! The cakes were perfect :) Corny maybe, but they truly were the "icing on the cake" so to speak. Maycen woke me up this morning and said "thanks for my birthday mom"

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut.up. P and F is our FAVORITE and these cakes are AMAZING!!!! September -- you -- Savannah. (and not just for your cake making skills!)

    ReplyDelete