Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Carrot Cake!

So, a dear friend had a birthday last week and I got to make her a carrot cake. This happens to be my son's and niece's favorite cake, yet unbelievably... I had never made one! Joy of Baking seldom lets me down, so I followed their recipe, with a few added secret's from my mom (yeah mom!) and the product... I have to say, was the best carrot cake I ever ate. =) The cream cheese icing was incredible (also form the Joy of Baking recipe for carrot cake)! The carrots and their tops are all marzipan. Also the first time I used this. Fondant and gumpaste are almost easier I have to say, but maybe because that is what I am used to working with.

Happy Birthday, Martha!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, you make some seriously amazing looking cakes! What I wouldn't give to have a taste of a marzipan carrot right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta tell you what an impression this cake made. We had left-overs the following week with friends, and it was every bit as delectable: spicy and a bit tart and not overly heavy like carrot cake and cream cheese frosting can be. Thank you so much for your addition to a lovely party!

    ReplyDelete