Saturday, May 29, 2010

UNCW 2010 Graduation

Graduation season is upon us and here is the first cake I did in celebration of a recent UNCW Psych grad, who is on her way to graduate school after the celebrations (and hopefully a relaxing summer!). Her sister called me to do this cake after seeing Maycen's Phineas and  Ferb cakes from last week, so a huge thanks (again!) to Courtney! Emily knew what she wanted --- polka dots and stripes in UNCW teal, and the University logo complementary colors of yellow and dark blue incorporated into the accent work. Hope they all love it!

Didn't get any good macro pictures of the cap and diploma. Oh well... next week for my niece's cake, I will!

The top layer is a marble cake (my yellow cake recipe with a portion turned into cocoa and swirled together) and the bottom tier is my dark chocolate recipe. Buttercream frosting under all the marshmallow fondant, as usual. Brushed on pearl dust to get the glimmer and shimmer to the dark blue and yellow. Stars and numbers were gumpaste-fondant mix and the hat and diploma were all fondant.

1 comment:

  1. The cake was a HUGE SUCCESS, Amy! Kameron was thrilled when she saw her cake. :) Thank you again! I have some pictures that I will get to you as soon as possible! You did an amazing job!
    - Emily

    ReplyDelete