Monday, October 5, 2009

Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes!






Here are some different cupcakes I have done for people or family. They are always easy and fun to do... and the kids can join in the decorating as well (check out the Jackson Pollock effect on the cupcakes below - they were for my husband, so my two little helpers got a lesson in the jackson Pollock technique).

The first set (above) features what may be the first and last lollipops I ever make. I found the idea from this great blog (http://wisdomofthemoon.blogspot.com/2008/07/fireworks-cake-toppers.html), but I made mine even more free form than they suggest. The "firecracker" lollipops were pretty big and even though they tasted good, proved to be too much sugar for even the most seriously addicted. They had a very pretty stained-glass effect though. The cupcakes were banana cake with chocolate ganache. Yum! And another vegan variety that a friend's mom made... (the ones with blue and red frosting still in the baking pan)


The mini octopus cupcakes for were a daycare celebration. The octopus bodies were gum drops that I cut in half. They were adorable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment