Monday, October 5, 2009

Pirate Ship cakes



Here are two of the cakes that started it all. I got over-ambitious with the pirate theme for my own son's birthday parties (at home and in school).... The pirate ship flags were made from Fruit roll-ups. I intended on using cotton candy for the smoke coming out of the volcano, but I couldn't find any and was not about to figure out how to make it. So, we just lit all the candles around it instead which was a decent alternative. Everything on the cakes was edible except for the pirates and the objects on the island (plus treasure chest on the ship). I used candy and cookies for most of the ship construction - licorice ties for the ropes, fruit roll ups for the flags, cookies for the rails and masts, Rolos for the canons/portholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment